maandag 1 juni 2009

Costume building

Hello readers, at last I'm also starting to blog. I started some years ago with making my own movie-costumes. Normally I started with kits such as a shadowtrooper but later on I found my own style in designing & building my own costumes.

The first one which will start as the first one is the shadowtrooper.



Normally you can buy the well known Stormtrooper FX kits. But knowing that my style (which wasn't evolved at that time) would differ I looked for a shadow trooper.

* Another reason is that I'm not the size of the standard stromtrooper.. A little bit to tall (6'10") I knew I would burst outoff that suit ;)
After searching and surfing and a buying frenzy (hahahaha) I found the undersuit and made also the extra's. But there was 1 thing that bothered me. The TX (shadowtrooper) was to much bling-bling. So I weathered the suit for real.It became a battle damaged TX.




28-feb-2011

Ok I have remade this costume over and over again. The last change had been very drastical because I have changed the coloursceme. In time the colours gas faded a lot and also the paint is chipping of now. :(
After a good allover check a new plan has been made.
1. All the old paint will be polished off.
2. A few new latex items will be placed on
A. the shoulderparts. They will look like reactive armor in small packages.
B. There will be a few latex parts on the chest + an extra red shield which will cover a small
part of the left side.
C. a new buckle will be added + the boxed which are there will be newly repainted and
airbrushed.
D. Chestarmor + underarmor will be made a bit wider with latex strips.
E. The upperarm, and legs will be made larger because the size is to small now
F. A complete new airbrush of the total suit + 2 or 3 layers of acrylic protection
G. A new helmet + voicebox.




















Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten